Friday, March 14, 2008

Club Design: 1


For all the people that know me, they know my vision of my existence is defined by the world I create. My closest friends and family will attest to my desire to create institutions that define Charles. One of the things that I have cooked up is an idea for a restaurant and lounge. I'm a connoisseur of leisure. I love scouting out the best vibes and atmosphere in all the cities that I visit. Believe me, I've visited a plethora of cities from this side of the Atlantic Ocean to the Far East and even to South Asia. I'm serious about my desire to create the perfect restaurant and lounge. I know two things must be in place to pull off such a feat.

(1) Atmosphere of the lounge must create an alternative world for the end-user aka the customer. (think in terms of the holodeck made famous in Star Trek: The Next Generation).

2) The entertainment must be top-notch. That is your cast from the doorman to the glasses that people sip their sin juice bellows superiority.


You want people to know that you are in the business of great working environment to create a great leisure environment. Your cast for your entertainment into this alternate dimension is the valets, doorman, cashiers, waiters, waitresses, host, hostesses, coat checker, table bussers, chef, line cooks, kitchen cleaners, decor, technology, cutlery, glassware, music, lighting, scents, decor, restroom attendees, signage, in uses brands (food, music, alcohols, cigars, etc.), dancers, musicians, performing artists, artwork, and the venue itself. I have seriously carved out what I want to do in my lounge and restaurant.

I am currently compiling ideas of things that have been done or are being done. I will post some of my findings online. But, until I launch my lounge and restaurant, you have yet to see perfection.

This is the Blue Frog. The Blue Frog Club is Mumbia's premier live music performance space. The club is 6,000 square feet of the best opulent ambient design in India. The excellent acoustics support the consistent stream of international artists that play some of the world's finest jazz, blues, funk, soul, and afro/latin to electronic, club, rock, and folk. The pictures speak more than words, so pay close attention.

No comments: